Like sell digital full sized comics? It seems like most creators choose web comics or normal comics and rarely do both.

• 🇰 🌀 🇱 🇦 🇳 🇦 🇰 ℹ️@yiffit.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 month ago

They do? I can’t think of any popular web comic that doesn’t also have a physical book of their comics or digital books with exclusive content.

I would imagine that they only started doing free, newspaper style strips because it was a good way to garner an audience when you’re first starting. Publishing your work for sale to retailers and whatnot isn’t easy and also costly; something a brand new artist isn’t likely to be able to do until they get some notoriety.

• Auster@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

From what I can observe, quite a lot, at least from the most popular ones, seem to have both. But something I notice is that, when it has a physical release, seldom the comics’ digital counterparts are sold in DRM free formats. And when it comes to digital-only comics, I would imagine that usually either their creators don’t have the resources, and/or the comics’ reach is too small to justify a physical release.

• VanHalbgott@lemmus.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

I think Eddsworld is working on that.

I watched a YouTube Short featuring Matt explaining that they’ve wanted to make comics.

Kind of like the Toaster Brains book.