• neidu2@feddit.nlM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Myself.

I was digging through some old storage devices which contained music that I recorded and arranged 15-20 years ago. And among that stuff were three versions of the same song; the initial idea, a more refined version, and the completed thing. It was pretty cool remembering how it evolved from a progmetal riff demo to an orchestrated and complete song.

• sxt@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

I live right next to a venue that hosts concerts during the summer so there’s no escaping hearing what’s playing most of the time despite the special windows my apartment complex supposedly put in.

A couple days ago they had someone doing some really nice instrumental guitar stuff which I’m always on the lookout for. Turned out to be Hermanos Gutiérrez and I’ve been really enjoying listening to their stuff since then.

• hendrik@palaver.p3x.de
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Rise Against. That was today before going to sleep. Now the music festival is over and we’re on the way home.

• Waveform@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Space rock via internet radio! Interesting and pleasant stuff if you like psychedelic music.

• MelonYellow@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 month ago

Diving into the earliest death metal, trying to figure out where it all comes from. I’ve been listening to Possessed and Death and wondering why I haven’t listened to them sooner. So cool hearing the transition from thrash to a distinctly new genre.