They don’t need to be brilliant, just decent enough.

• crawancon@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

have you considered bone induction headphones so you don’t have to insert ?

• IMALlama@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

Not as good as over or in ear, but serviceable. On the other hand they’re way more comfortable IMO. You can also wear them with ear plugs, which can be an added plus depending on your use case.

• 9point6@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 month ago

The ear canal tip part is a huge contributor to what makes good sound possible on ear-bud style headphones. So with that in mind, earpods are likely pretty close to as good as you can get with that style of earphone, and will have working buttons. So I guess if, as you say, “they don’t need to be brilliant”: why not just earpods?

If you’re looking for better quality than that, without them actually going into your ears, you’re gonna be looking at over-ear headphones as another commenter has said

• unknowing8343OP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

Buttons of Apple’s earpods don’t work anywhere else but on Apple products.

• 9point6@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

Ahh was that what you meant by buttons working

I believe adapters exist that convert apple’s proprietary button signalling (sorta CTIA) to OMTP which I think is what everything else uses.

If you don’t mind going via a USB-C dongle, I believe you can plug earpods into the apple 3.5mm to USB-C dongle and it’ll work completely on any device

• southsamurai@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 month ago

Even with something like koss portapro, or sportapro? I’m a sweaty, sensitive skinned bugger, and I can wear those for hours with no irritation. Youd have to check what kind of controls they have on the model that is miked for that specific brand, but lightweight on-ear headphones with controls definitely exist, and tend to be similarly comfortable for long use.

Which, in responding to your comment rather than making a comment the the post because there aren’t any brands I’ve run across that do what you ask. Only no-name ebay stuff that ships from China from sellers that disappear every month or two. Aliexpress has the same stuff, but I don’t use it, so I can’t help there.

My wife prefers the apple style buds too, and finding a set that works on her tablet ended up being fruitless in terms of anything that can be named, and they’re utter junk when you find them on ebay, but they’re cheap.

• nephew@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Venture Electronics - Monk. I found them to be very comfortable and the sound quality is great for the price.