Not sure if I should ask this here, or in the jerboa community. I’m new to Lemmy, so bear with me.

I’ve double & triple checked that I’m entering the correct username and password.

The first field on the login form is for the instance, so I put in lemmy.world, and then my username and password, and it says “Incorrect Login”.

If I intentially put something for a non-existent instance, it says that it’s not an instance, so it’s recognizing lemmy.world as the instance.

Not sure what else to try. Thanks for any suggestions.

• teapot@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Do you have a long password? I had the same issue with a 64 character password. Apparently the web interface implicitly truncates long passwords to 60 characters, but Jerboa doesn’t (Jerboa issue #425). Once I changed mine to a shorter password, it worked fine.

• Null User Object@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Yep, 66 characters. Tried changing it to a (much) shorter one, but still having the same issue. Reading in other communities, it seems that lots of people have problems with Jerbora, and lots of other people don’t. (sigh).

Update: Seems that the password change didn’t take. But deleting the last 6 characters of the password when logging into Jerbora seems to have worked.

Seems like there might be a similar issue with the old password length in Lemmy when changing the password. Ugh.