• jet@hackertalks.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        26 days ago

Season 3 Ending was ok, if a little rushed

Season 4 Ending - Felt really random and disconnected from everything built before.

If Reginald had the magic universe creation engine and time fixing machine, why didn’t he fix his home planet and live there, why come to earth for a confused Season 4 Empire.

• Elaine@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          26 days ago

spoilers ahead

It felt rushed to me and honestly didn’t understand who had white hair and was running around. I thought maybe everyone was in heaven?! I had to go look at an article explaining the end before I realized what happened.

• hanabatake@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    27 days ago

Dersu Urzala from Akira Kurosawa. Great movie about friendship and “civilization” vs life in nature. It was slower and more contemplative

Trap from Night Shyamalan. I had a lot of fun but the movie is average and you will be disappointed if you expect it to be realistic

• Mikina@programming.dev
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    27 days ago

After Stormgate, which I was looking forward to, came out to be kind of meh, I reinstalled Starcraft and catched up on recent Florencio Files. I like PiG’s casting, and Florencio’s games are so entertaining to watch, how off-meta and nonsensocal they are, while also miracolously working. IIRC he plays in GM league, while his mechanics and gameplay is so weird but still somehow works. It’s fun.

My favourite has been this game, the sneaky probe is such a genius move - https://youtu.be/-tlQv_r5w_s?si=Mb5Zb3hCxUXIpQh-

• Elaine@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    26 days ago

I love Chinese drama so I’ve been watching Love’s Rebellion with Zhang Linghe. I also watched Umbrella Academy and Unstable this past week.

• Dymonika@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    26 days ago

I watched Akira. Hooooooooly cow, that was an insane trip. I had no idea it went that far out and had so much permanent impact on many industries, rightfully so!!

• Zagorath@aussie.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    26 days ago

I watched the first episode of The Caped Crusader. The latest Batman animated show from Bruce Timm: the guy behind the original Batman: The Animated Series and Justice League.

Only one episode so far, so who knows how it’ll turn out, but that was a fantastic opener. It’s got a very noir tone and is exactly what I want to see from a Batman show. Kinda dark, but not in the moody “gritty realism” that made the DC live action movies so terrible.

It’s got that classic low-level Batman beginning where he’s going against mobsters and corrupt politicians & police, and people are doubting if he’s even real. The big bad of this episode is a gender swapped Penguin, with guest appearances from a very corrupt Harvey Bullock and a pre–Two Face Harvey Dent.

It’s not in the DCAU, but it has the same stylish moody tone as some of the best episodes of BTAS like Heart of Ice.

• Pencilnoob@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    26 days ago

THE ORANGUTAN IS A STAND USER?!

(JoJo’s Bizarre Adventures Stardust Crusaders rewatch)