A few months ago, there was a post on the antifeminist sub. The post was a screenshot from an incel website that was posted on the Nothowgirlswork sub. There was a comment from nothowgirlswork which roasted the incel post.

The incel said he felt anxiety when he walked on the streets and saw women. The comment from nothowgirlswork was ridiculing him for feeling fear of women. He didn’t say anything misogynistic. There are some incels (on incel websites) who condone horrible things like raping women. This post was not like that.

It made me think that society expects men to be fearless and brave. Men are human and fear is a normal emotion that everyone has. It’s normal to feel anxiety around women, if the man has been traumatized in the past. Maybe the incel was traumatized by a woman in the past. People shouldn’t judge someone without knowing them.

The truth is women can be just as dangerous as men. Society has to stop thinking women are not as dangerous.

If a woman said she felt anxiety around men, redditors would be supporting her. They would say men are rapists and she should be scared of them. She would get all the empathy and sympathy. Reddit shows what people think secretly. Many people in society have this double standard too.

• Halafax@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

This is fun. Feminists think women can do anything except have agency. Because you can’t admit that women might have different preferences or abilities from men, every situation where women don’t participate at equal levels to men “must be the result of misogyny”.

I’m an egalitarian, the open misandry of feminism never ceases to be horrifying.

• Halafax@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Feminism: everything I don’t like is “incel”

It says so much, so quickly. Feminists judge men by their ability to get sex. Ordinarily they would call this “ableism”, but feminists give themselves a pass on this. It just feels good for them to punch down at low status men, I guess? Feminists say men who can’t get sex are dangerous. Which is convenient because feminists absolutely loathe the low value men they didn’t want to have sex with in the first place. Labelling them as dangerous creates a reason to contain and control them. A perfect feminist circle.

I’m not involuntarily celibate, but seeing a feminist vomit your misandrist hatred overtly is always a refreshing change from more typical passive aggressive feminist behavior.