The usual admin threat to reopen here:

https://imgur.com/a/qDMyZlX

I’ve notified the sub and left a recommendation to join kbin or lemmy. Curious to see if they also ban me from reddit over this, not that I planned on posting there again.

• SirEDCaLot@lemmy.fmhy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Perhaps. They also took money from the Chinese. Of course it’s totally coincidental how anti-China articles sometimes seem to disappear for no apparent reason…

• Kichae@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Just to be pedantic about it, because someone’ll bring it up eventually: They took money from Tencent – and a lot of it – which, indeed, had close ties to the Chinese government (and now it sounds like the government owns a significant share of the company, but it didn’t at the time of investment). Tencent absolutely looks out for things that could negatively affect its relationship with the government of China.

I don’t mean to overlook the role Tencent has in enabling an authoritarian regime and papering over their authoritarian acts.

But they took white supremacist and actual fascist Peter Thiel’s money like 5 years before they took Tencent’s.