• FlakesBongler [they/them]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Yeah, the only big unavoidable choice is the white phosphorus

pretty sure in most others you can either stand for a second and it proceeds or you shoot into the air instead of at someone and it proceeds

• edge [he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 month ago

While the white phosphorus part doesn’t give you a choice, isn’t it basically that they used it only intending to hit military targets, then it turns out it hit civilians too? shocked-pikachu

I think it’s not a choice precisely because it’s the worst or most blatant war crime in the game IIRC and most people would decide against it even for “only military targets” and that would stop them from getting the point across.

It’s been a long time since I’ve played it so I might not be remembering entirely right. I might play it again now.

• BeamBrain [he/him]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

Yeah, the white phosphorous scene doesn’t really work unless you’re coming into it with a mindset of “whoa badass, this is gonna be just like those AC-130 missions in Call of Duty”

Apparently the devs wanted to include a branching story path where the player doesn’t use the WP, but they didn’t have the budget.