• sh00g@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    22 days ago

I don’t get to play TTRPGs in person very often these days, but we have a session this evening so I spent the weekend making lots of handouts and visual puzzles for my tavern notice board! Also got a chance to make some 3D terrain and paint some 28 mm scale miniatures which was challenging but very fun.

• Berttheduck@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      22 days ago

That sounds fun. We always play theatre of the mind with maybe some simple maps if there’s a lot going on.

I’m currently running a game of Spire the City must fall. Not been playing it long but already loving the characters my players have made. It’s a really dense setting so I’m running a module and keeping them mostly in a couple areas of the city to make things easier for me. The system is pretty interesting though I’d recommend it.

What are you playing? I hope it goes well.

• sh00g@lemmy.zip
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        22 days ago

We’re playing 5E currently because I have quite a few newer players and it’s all they know. We’re playing in one of my homebrew settings that is a fantasy version of our city!

• Berttheduck@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          22 days ago

Oh that’s fun! Do you have a suitable amount of pun equivalents of your local shops and landmarks?

My previous game was Dresden files accelerated where we played in the late 90s version of our town. My players burned down the pub. It was a good laugh.

• sh00g@lemmy.zip
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            22 days ago

The map is full of puns. They haven’t managed to burn any buildings down yet but it’s still early XD

• toothpaste_sandwich@feddit.nl
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    22 days ago

I’ve been trying out some sashiko to repair some garments. I’m not really looking to do any complex patterns so I’m just drawing a grid manually with a water-soluble marker and then some simple pattern.

I do think some sashiko needles might come in handy soon.

• Buglefingers@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    22 days ago

I set up a Linux laptop! Mint (cinnamon) since I have a data recovery project I wanted a clean system to do it on in case anything goes wrong.

I also maxed out an early access indie game on prep for more content. Then I watched “Castle in the sky” by Studio Ghibli. I got it from Redacted so that’s Three (3) hobby stuffs!

• Color 🎨@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    19 days ago

Started a new drawing! I haven’t drawn proper (read: human) hands in forever, so I took a photo of my own hands and used the photo as a reference. I’m also attempting to make my art style look a little softer as of late!

• OneBadWolf@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    21 days ago

I am working on a couple new antenna for my amateur radio hobby. Just got a 220mhz radio and have no antenna, so I built a moxon (I know greek to a lot of you, but gives my EE brain some exercise) Any all I need to do is order some coax and I’m good to go.