For me it’s Wolf children. I watch it when I’m not feeling the best physically or mentally. What’s your comfort watch?

• Scrubbles@poptalk.scrubbles.tech
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Oh man, this is my jam right here:

• Scrubs
    • That '70s Show
    • Futurama
    • Simpsons (Early seasons of course)
    • Bob’s Burgers recently was added to the list
    • Everybody Loves Raymond
      • Sometimes you just want a stupid go-nowhere show you can tune out
    • King of the Hill
    • Malcolm in the Middle
    • Trailer Park Boys
      • Sometimes you have to just sit back and wish you were with the boys smokin’ dope
    • How I Met Your Mother
      • was a comfort show, but ever since S9 I can’t bring myself to rewatch
    • Slated@vlemmy.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Haha that seems to be a very common thread with How I Met Your Mother fans. I cannot stand the ending it just makes me so mad. I have the dvd release though so it has the alternate ending

• Slated@vlemmy.net
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Much better in my opinion. I mean it could be better but at least its not the punch in the face that comes out of nowhere like the normal one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5toL5HmQl8I Instead of destroying everything Ted has worked and resetting his character development for nothing it’s a happy ending. I guess I should say spoilers but cmon its a show from 2005

• adamthinks@kbin.social
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

The alternate ending is better. Though it still doesn’t fix what they did to Barney in the last episode. Multiple seasons worth of development, just thrown out. Almost pissed me off more than the original ending.

• Scrubbles@poptalk.scrubbles.tech
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

I always thought the ending was just too abrupt. It’s not that it happened, it’s that they did it in the last 5 minutes of the last episode of the show. They spent an entire season on one weekend, then skipped everything we wanted to see for 9 years in a couple of seconds.

• Slated@vlemmy.net
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 year ago

Hmm yeah that always bugged me too. The whole thing was just not a very satisfying resolution…

• phantomslave@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Robinhood: Men in Tights! Any time I’m sick with a cold or flu I go and get some food and chill out in front of the TV to watch it. No matter how bad I’m feeling it always makes me laugh.

• tvblb@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Bobs Burgers, The Great North, Arrested Development….huh do I just like various types of weird families?

• syme@possumpat.io
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Bob’s Burgers, Star Trek TNG and DS9, MST3K, The Great North. Studio Ghibli stuff. King of the Hill. Probably more.

• sabre3999@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Archer
    Letterkenny
    Shoresy

I like having background noise, and find that I focus better when something is running that I can follow without paying full attention to it. I’ve seen these 3 all the way through over 20 times, at least so they’re useful for that. I also just plain love the shows… Shoresy S2 can’t land soon enough.

• realitista@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I know this will sound strange, but Battlebots got me through some dark moments during the pandemic. Something about watching robots rip each other to shreds really takes me away from my problems.