Welcome to the RD thread!

This is a place for casual random chat and discussion.

A reminder for everyone to always follow the community rules and observe the Code of Conduct.

Mobile apps

Quick tips

Daily artwork

Reminders

• Report inappropriate comments and violators
  • Message the moderation team for any issues
  • rman0159@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

The eugenics guy created a new account on the orangered place mimicking my name: rmanO59

His more than 20 alt accounts posted the same eugenics copypasta and other repetitive comments. I have reported the account despite he blocked me.

EDIT: Banned na siya. Gaya-gaya pa more.

• malamignasanmig@group.lt
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

good that you reported him for mimicking your account but the way you always talk about him, im starting to suspect you have a crush on the guy.

not that im against it, #loveislove

• rman0159@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

I don’t have a crush on that user hahahaha, but I’m vigilant of accounts especially newer ones spreading the same comments.

• monknonoke@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I am tired. Wanna fall asleep and never wake up kind of tired. I feel so, so, so moody too. Hindi ako makatulog ng maayos. Gusto ko na lang magresign and be done with this stupid schedule.

management: baka kaya pang pag-usapan ito

ayaw ko na mag-usap, i wanna kick something and end it 💢

I need to release some pent up stress and rage, kaso yung tuhod ko kailangan niya pa ng time. I’m just imagining myself playing hit the clown over and over and over until I’m out.

• willnever_fadeaway@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

If I had enough passive income, I would not work, period. I would pursue my interests (after finding out what they really are).

• monknonoke@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Nabiyayaan uli ako ng pagkain today. Thank you lord, we eat another day. I guess people-facing jobs are not that bad here when they’re generous and considerate. Then again, I was placed in a new and kinda weird + slightly chaotic position so they felt the need to compensate me ganon.

I’m already imagining anong gagawin ko if matsambahan ako ng bad mood o galit na client in person. I think I’ll cross that bridge when I get there 🙈

I do have the power to say kaya ko sila i-priortize, wag ka na galit, ako na bahala. It’s nice to have the ability. I don’t even have to be like an extroverted social butterfly, basta alam ko ginagawa ko at kaya ko sagutin ang mga katanungan it’s all good.

I’m not totally hopeless. Whew.

• heliosef@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

Projects without management tools and established processes. It was the most stressful year of my career and the first time I asked to be pulled from an account.

The phrase “We trust your judgement and you have our full support” is now a huge red flag for me.

• decadentrebel@lemmy.worldM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I always stay away from armored vans and tolerate their BS no matter how annoying and entitled they drive. Not only are you going to take the most damage in a potential vehicle scuffle, but arguing with them is pointless. They’re packing, too.

• eeeeyayyyy@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

Blue Beetle (2023) reminded the times when we get excited for superhero movies, and delivered what the trailers showed. This movie felt like I was transported to 2000s.

• tahann@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Ang daming dapat iprocess sa Third World Romance, kahit pa sabihin nating medyo preachy sya at overly explained na. Example yung linyang, “pinakaimportante, pinakasimple pero mahirap yung maging masaya.” Nag effort talaga yung creatives to downplay the drama whenever possible. Like dun sa 1st breakdown scene ni Charlie, sinabayan ng nagvibideoke na wala sa tono. Malayo yung shot, hindi yung cliche close up habang nag wawalling. Funny pa kasi humihigop ng cup noodle. Gutom is real.

May confrontation scene pa while serving the customers at sinabayan pa ng Angelus so nagpause sa sagutan para magdasal. Minsan inconvenient talaga ang religion, actually madalas. The devil is in that detail.

Feel good at escapist movie sya. Fine. Kasi nga mahirap maging masaya. Every chance you get is win kahit may pagka delulu na. Ang hindi lang happy ending ay di naparusahan yung isang kapitalista. Wala naman yata nakapansin.

Plus panalo talaga aktingan ni Charlie. Yung mata-mata acting sa pagbukas ng shoebox, ang daming subtext. Dun sa last scene, gusto ko talaga yung marunong magtimpla ng tawa, iyak at kilig sa isang bagsakan lang. I think mas challenging yun sa mata-mata acting.

link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

Last day today of the first of two consecutive long weekends!

I plan on cleaning up cabinets, closets, and shelves and putting up anything eating up space unnecessarily at Really Really Free.

• tahann@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Dumating yung bill ng insurance with investment chuva. 3 thoughts

1. May paper bill pa talaga sa panahon ngayon.

2. Kailangan magbayad ng insurance dahil yung government natin walang maitutulong kapag namatay ka. Maniningil pa sila ng taxes bago malipat sa mga naiwan mo yung assets mo. The worse the government is, the more insecure the citizens feel, the better it is for insurance companies.

3. Yung investment portion, naiipon sa isang entity na syang may power kung saan pupunta ang pondo. May power syang magdecide kung anong business ang tutulungan at anong business ang tsutsugihin. At pera namin ginagamit nila.

• willnever_fadeaway@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Some people don’t even have emails or don’t know how to access them, so it is understandable that paper bills still are a thing.

• eeeeyayyyy@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Recently, YouTube Music updated their Android app, and it’s on par with Spotify’s app. Mapapa-YT Music o Premium na siguro ako nito, ah. Haha

• tiredgent@monyet.cc
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Youtube Premium is bang for the buck talaga. You get ad-free Youtube along with YT Music!! It’s even more sulit kapag kinuha mo family plan.

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        11 months ago

Yup, sumuko na ako once Google cracked down on the forked YouTube apps. Kapatid ko naman nagbabayad anyway, lol.

May Spotify family din siya, but I don’t really use it because I prefer the lossless formats from Tidal and Plexamp. I’d still give YT Music a look later, though, and see if it’s good.

• eeeeyayyyy@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        11 months ago

I know they offer this since naka-YouTube Red pa sila. Basura lang talaga YT Music before, kaya hindi worthy ang pag-subscribe sa Premium.

• tahann@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

May feature ba sa YTmusic mag block ng artist? Kung meron paturo naman. Minsan may gusto akong playlist pero ayaw ko ung ibang musicians dun.

• eeeeyayyyy@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        11 months ago

As of now, wala pang feature. You can just “thumbs down” the artist’s songs, and the Gugel/Youchub magic do the work.