• Honytawk@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

That is why we throw them out every couple of years and choose someone different.

I do the same with my underpants.

• Decompose@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

Right… you do understand that most politicians in western countries are career politicians that have been there for decades, right?

A good example is Biden himself. He’s been there in politics for like 50 years. It’s a geriatric club at this point it’s become a common joke.

Same delusion as the poster of the meme. People believe in the same ideals that created the problem without looking at what it has become. Not everything that sounds good is good. Life is more complex than the simple model that simple people keep believing in. People will always find a way to abuse a system for their own benefit. That’s the result of “power corrupts”.

• Honytawk@lemmy.zip
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

I don’t care about your US politics. It is a shitshow no matter how you look at it, with your undemocratic gerrymandering and 2 party oligarchy.

With voting it is at least possible to change the government. The same can not be said about corporations.

• TheFogan@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

would be nice, but doesn’t seem to really happen, (incumbancy advantage). Also the bigger problem that isn’t solved by voting them out or even term limits. Access to money is important to win an election. Same people have money, those people pick candidates that are loyal and see to it that they win. When one old corrupt politician dies we’ll get a new one pushed by the corporate media.

• okiloki@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

So you bought then back in June 1933 and didn’t have the heart to throw them out?