This year I have lots of jalapenos. Now I want to experiment a little bit. I want to make a hot green sauce with different herbs. A list of herbs I want to use: basil, salad burnet, parsley, cress, chives, borage, sorrel, chervil. Any ideas how to do this? Should I ferment the herbs in vacuum bags seperated from the chillis? Ferment the chillis with garlic etc. and then mash the herbs and stir all together? Any other suggestions? (symbolic image - picture is not from this year 😉)

• Sage@lemmy.blahaj.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Basil and chervil are both godly in hot sauce. Id ferment the jalepenos and then add everything else fresh when you blend it up

• Eddie Trax@dmv.social
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I just made a green hot sauce from my Jalapeños and used garlic, lime juice, white distilled vinegar, cilantro, and red onion from the garden. I agree adding the fresh herbs at the end. But most importantly, don’t do like I did and remove the seeds. It ended up not hot at all. But it tastes amazing!

• makeratschoolOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    4 months ago

2 months of fermentation and then 2 months in the fridge. Today I opened the jar and it smelled incredible good. And tasted delicious. Put it in the blender, mixed all together, added just a little bit of apple vinegar for the taste and, voilà, now it’s finished: **Frankfurter Grüne Soße Hotsauce. ** Frankfurter Grüne Soße is a traditional green sauce, and it is a protected geographical indication (PGI) because the herbs (basil, salad burnet, parsley, cress, chives, borage, sorrel, chervil) have to come out of the region of Frankfurt/Germany. I added home grown Jalapeños peppers, garlic and onions as well as some black pepper berries. The pH value was 2.7, and I am so happy that it worked out so well. 😀