• Cypher@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    20 days ago

I enjoyed reading it, I have some blackberries in the back of my garden and my son loves them.

I will be doing the harvesting for the foreseeable future though because they’re proper sharp thorns and the little one would just hurt himself.

As for sprinting maybe that’s an audhd thing. I also went everywhere at top speed… and was a notable track athlete despite zero formal training.

• SolarMonkey@slrpnk.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      20 days ago

Brambleberries aren’t something to throw kids at as a requirement, so good on you for “this is where they come from but it sucks” sort of mentality. As long as they know this delicious thing is waiting for them if they take a risk, that risk is all but taken.

If I could have eaten 2/3of the berries I collected, I’d probably like them. But being set to a quota made them undesirable.

Hey good to hear the need for speed worked out for you! I bucked authority by being a girl wrestler back when that was pretty rare in the US (still is, but less; this was around 2k), and I’m still all about challenging authority so that worked poorly for me overall ;) it probably hit a lot of the same dopamine/endorphin systems as running. So that’s great :) (genuinely!)