This thread is here to encourage posting works in progress (WIP). Post your works, updates to previous posts, and questions!

This thread is meant to be in addition to posting WIPs as their own threads, so feel free to make stand alone posts if you wish.

Helpful Youtube channels for for new painters:

If there is anything you’d like to see added to painting resources in the opening comment, post away and I’ll take a look.

• Cras@feddit.uk
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Have been 25 years out of the hobby and finally got around to sticking my foot back into the water yesterday. The efforts I made with a few minis were…bad - but I learned some things. I did however have more success with some basing for them and I’m rather pleased with how I did

• Cras@feddit.uk
        cake
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Attempting slapchop with far too littlr drybrush coverage underneath and not realising the weak coverage of some contrast paints :)

• setsneedtofeed@lemmy.worldOPM
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

In that case I’m precisely the wrong person to ask about contrast paints. I think the slapchop kind of creates more work than it solves. There’s a pretty good Duncan Rhodes side by side video of contrast paint vs slap chop contrast vs old fashion base colors with brown wash all over that I think should be in mind at least by painters looking to knock out lots of minis quickly.

• cadekat@pawb.social
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

Been working on some Incursors for the last little while:

Tried some new stuff on these guys. Used Flesh tearers red contrast paint with mephiston red dry brushed over top for the power armor, and played around a lot with hair and skin colours.

• WoolyNelson@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

Kit-bashing a Lokhust Lord torso using a Lychguard, extra chronomancer hand, and primaris techmarine servo arm joint.

I also cut down the rod so it works as a lord’s blade.

Waiting on the destroyer bodies to complete it.