didn’t see site rules? is there a link somewhere or can i assume that site allows uncensored free speech but mods of individual subs may or may not have their own restrictions?

• M Force @exploding-heads.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I don’t see the words free speech anywhere. You coming here to make this place look bad troon hater?

Listen here, I’ve been around the fediverse for years. Like two. I can tell ur here to cause trouble ain’t ya?

Well I recommend you make your ten shit posting alts over at lemmy.world or sh.itjust.works .

This place actually doesn’t suck. Unlike lemmy.ml and beecuck.

• ihatetroons@exploding-heads.comOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Well, I do kinda hate troons. But aside from the name, does someone who actually takes the effort to make a first post asking what the rules are really strike you as someone who makes trouble? As for the name, partly it’s true, partly I figured it was a good test to see how uptight this instance was, and partly so that any troons would be more inclined to block me than to bother me.

If I do hate troons, it’s mostly only the annoying individuals who like to force their beliefs onto me and then get all pissy when I have a different opinion that doesn’t celebrate them. TBH, if they want to mutilate their own bodies, I don’t really care. I don’t feel the need to tell them what to do or cause trouble in their communities

As far as the free speech comment before, I’m just annoyed by having to use double speak for the hivemind and pretend like that shit’s normal. I know teh screenname was prolly pushing it a bit but I’m actually not all that interested in dropping slurs left and right like a 12yo. Anyway, as far as comments and whatnot I can be civil about it, which if I’m not mistaken, is all the rules are saying, right?.. FWIW, if I do run into someone that I absolutely don’t think I can play nice with, I’m more inclined to block them than to bother hurling insults at them personally. Just tired of places where merely having an opinion that doesn’t celebrate rainbows makes people treat you like some kind of non-human evil anti-christ so you have to act fake.

And if this comes across as me being disrespectful or snarky, that wasn’t my intent. Actually, it’s fine if you don’t like me but skimming through your history, I think that I would get along with you quite well on a few topics. Hell, the fact that you called them “beecuck” already makes me think well of you lol.

• Kapow@exploding-heads.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I tell everybody we welcome diverse opinions, debate, and discussion.

We place little value on group think or lemming like behavior.

Welcome.

• ihatetroons@exploding-heads.comOP
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            1 year ago

agreed… I mean who thinks a name that implies that you’re so dumb that you would run right off a cliff is a good way to describe yourself? I could see it being used as an insult for lemmy users but anyone who uses the platform and likes that name probably hasn’t given it much thought.

But the way it was used above fits perfect lol