• Jeena@piefed.jeena.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    13 days ago

We took our 1,5 years old to a small water park. He was probably the youngest there. But he was so extremely brave and did yeverything by himself, sliding down the long slide, going under the water fountains, running and falling into the water, etc.

There was a boy perhaps double his age who was very caucious and held on to his granddad’s hand all the time and so on. You could see that he was kind of embarrised when he saw our boy doing every thing by himself and having so much fun.

So the boy also got inspired to let his grandpa go and try to have more fun by himself. When he was going up the wide stairs to the slide our boy was faster and wanted to go around him. The other boy didn’t want that and tried to push down our boy. But instead of whining or crying our boy pointed with his finger at the other one and said: “No!” like he usually talks to our cat.

And while the other boys grandparents also told him not to push others he stopped and they both went up.

Anyway, it’s so great to see how our boy learns the social interactions and is so self-confident that he doesn’t even need our help in those difficult situations.

• Ving Thor@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    13 days ago

I went to a conference to present a paper. It was exausting but fun to meet people.

My presentation went well, and we won a best paper award!

After it took several tries and a lot of work to get the paper accepted, I’m very happy that it worked out.

• souperk@reddthat.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    13 days ago

I have been dating this girl for the past month, she is awesome, and she makes me smile everyday 😁

I have had a relatively bad week, I got rejected by a company I was interviewing with for the past two months, but she has been my rock.

• ickplant@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    13 days ago

Going to a mountain lake overnight and staying in a tiny cabin with my husband. The night sky was full of stars, and it was so beautiful.

• Jourei@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    13 days ago

Had some drama with a friend earlier last month. Last week we reconciled and returned to being friends as before!

• Zerlyna@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    13 days ago

I got a major medication change and I’m sleeping soundly at night again. It’s so nice. I wish I had a week off now to catch up on lost sleep.

• Elaine@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      13 days ago

Ok I thought this was a concert but I don’t see any performers. What is a Tipper show? Also, that’s a cool looking venue.

• aubeynarf@lemmynsfw.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        13 days ago

Dave Tipper is an electronic music producer known for weird, psychedelic music. He’s down there at very bottom center of the stage; he generally doesn’t put himself out as the face of the production, and collaborates with eminent visual effects artists to deliver an immersive audiovisual experience rather than focusing on the individual performers. In this case the entire front wall of the amphitheater has been used as a projection surface for the visuals.

He announced his retirement so his very dedicated fan base is getting in the last few shows.

• zero_spelled_with_an_ecks@programming.dev
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          13 days ago

Oh, yeah, looked at comment history and it’s mostly going into threads and being miserable. I’ve got some empathy and sympathy for them, but also don’t need it in my life.

• Tracked@sopuli.xyz
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            13 days ago

So you think I’m worth nothing just because of what I post? This is my existence, there’s nothing I can’t do about it

• Dymonika@beehaw.org
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              12 days ago

Then why didn’t you respond to his initial suggestion about seeing a professional?

• boogetyboo@aussie.zone
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            12 days ago

Being a human Eeyore is okay every once in a while. But this almost seems like a hobby for you. Go read a book or something. You’re clearly not enjoying the online experience, you get the shits with anyone who engages with you here… So what’s the point?

• Tracked@sopuli.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        13 days ago

Don’t have the money, time or desire to do that. I don’t even think that can be covered by social services anyways here, especially as an immigrant. You just deal with it.