• tusker@monero.townOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

The government should be extremely limited and funded by fees charged for useful services it provides, if needed a small sales tax could be instituted locally.

Rights need to be restored back to the individual so people can take care of themselves as needed in terms of defense and health care instead of sending 80% of their income to be wasted relying on some horrible and inefficient system. Once we wrangle the state back down to size people will have more than enough wealth to give to charities to help the poor.

• Madison420@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

The government should be extremely limited and funded by fees charged for useful services it provides, if needed a small sales tax could be instituted locally.

Congratulations you just described taxation.

• tusker@monero.townOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

Taxation is theft. I described voluntary payments for services rendered.

• tusker@monero.townOP
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            11 months ago

Taxes is not voluntary, threats of violence and violence is used to extract wealth from victims.

You have been indoctrinated that evil is OK on a “social scale”. You are a pawn dupe.

• Madison420@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              11 months ago

Taxes are voluntary. Resign your citizenship and go stateless. It’s an option right here right now but I imagine your not going to do that since society is kinda nice to have around.

Nope, reading comprehension boss. I never once said I agree, I simply stated fact and reality.

• tusker@monero.townOP
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                11 months ago

So we should have just told the slaves to resign and go master-less instead of trying to abolish slavery. After all who would pick the cotton if the slaves were not there…they were nice to have around.

• Madison420@lemmy.world
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  11 months ago

Bro pick a topic. What’s next? A far far leap of a switch to something about Hitler I’m gunna guess, seems par for the course.

• tusker@monero.townOP
                    link
                    fedilink
                    arrow-up
                    arrow-down
                    ·
                    11 months ago

The topic is you are indoctrinated and fighting for your own enslavement.

• Tavarin@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

on some horrible and inefficient system.

Boy, do I have news for you about private companies. Turns out government works tend to be more efficient, and less wasteful than private.

• tusker@monero.townOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

Turns out it does not. 50% of stolen money (tax revenue) is used to murder people around the world.

• Tavarin@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          11 months ago

What companies are making those weapons and arms used in wars? Private companies, paid for with tax dollars.

Also, only 12% of the US federal budget went to the military in 2022. Social Security, Healthcare, and Welfare were all bigger parts of US federal spending, with medicare just being behind military spending.

• Tavarin@lemmy.ca
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              11 months ago

No, they are capitalist owned. if they were communist the people would own them.

And that graph is completely inaccurate. here is the budget actual from 2015:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_United_States_federal_budget#Outlays_by_budget_function

Notice how military spending is 631 billion out of 3.89 trillion, which is about 16%.

And the budget from 2022 had an even lower percentage of military spending:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_United_States_federal_budget

Seriously, vet your sources man, that crap you linked to is easily disproven.

• tusker@monero.townOP
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                11 months ago

You are looking at budget definitions, I was looking at what it actually being spent. More communist deception.

Even if your data is completely right that is still insanely too high, the communist war machine needs to be stopped!

• Tavarin@lemmy.ca
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  11 months ago

No you weren’t, you were linking to a shitty website with false data. You were the one duped by lies and propaganda.

And yes, the 12% is still too high, the US doesn’t need to spend nearly that much on the military. But they aren’t spending 50+%, that was just a lie, from a shitty website that fooled you.

• tusker@monero.townOP
                    link
                    fedilink
                    arrow-up
                    arrow-down
                    ·
                    11 months ago

Yes, the website you linked to is the correct data. Of course how stupid of me.