Are there any VPNs that support both IPv6 AND Port Forwarding (PF) and if so, what is the best one for privacy and security? I know Mullvad is #1 right now and supports IPv6 but not PF. So what about others like OVPN, AirVPN, Windscribe, IVPN, etc.? I have PIA right now and am eager to switch.

• kostel_thecreed@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

AzireVPN has pf and ipv6. I wouldnt recommend airvpn because you will not get full speeds, I get 450/1000 at most. edit: njalla has pf and ipv6 as well, totally forgot to mention it - though pf is through upnp, so torrenting only ig.

• DARbarian@artemis.campOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

I’ve never heard of Njalla, but seems like their port forwarding is pretty limited. AzireVPN sounds good on paper, but I just haven’t seen or heard nearly as much about it.

• kostel_thecreed@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Njalla also only has servers in sweden, so can also be a downside for you. AzireVPN is good, and I have personally used it, would recommend you buy a month to test it out and then commit if you like it.

• DARbarian@artemis.campOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

Ah yeah that rules out Njalla then. Did Azire literally just come out? I’m having trouble even finding much on it other than a couple pretty negative “give it a year or two” reviews and some very spammy shill behavior on Reddit.

• N-E-N@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Would this be a good thing to mix with a TrueNAS/NextCloud for secure remote access? Or not really meant for that?