• Zerlyna@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 days ago

Taking the family out tomorrow for a lunch cruise on the river in Knoxville. And sleeping. Lots of sleeping.

• Lvxferre@mander.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 days ago

Probably keeping up with the “Computerless Lvxferre” saga.

Past week my mobo burned. Then I bought a fancy new one, some memory, and a new CPU that doesn’t cry when I’m playing. However since dumb me realised a bit too late that the old power source was a bit too weak for the upgrades, now I’m waiting for the deliver of a new one.

Plus the week was busy. Including beer. Alcohol might not solve my problems, but damn! It’s great to forget about things.

On a lighter side, since I’m upgrading my computer, I got some spare but still functional parts. They’ll “eventually” a new computer for my mum. It won’t be top notch but it’s enough so she can listen to some music while websearching some pictures to use as reference while painting.

• jordanlund@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 days ago

(Checks calendar)

Still Thursday here… taking my wife in for surgery tomorrow so likely not much else.

• circledsquare@fedia.io
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 days ago

Trying to stay off my broken toe, work on my conlang (possibly start a new one), work on my song in 5/4, explore some classical music to broaden my experience of that world. That’s what I HOPE the weekend is like haha.

• Lvxferre@mander.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 days ago

Wow. You made me go full nostalgia, I really liked Pinky and Brain.

And while barely related, you also reminded me some amazing manga series, where the deuteragonist also wants the world for herself. (Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer if anyone is interested. Just don’t go for the anime.)

• HipsterTenZero@dormi.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 days ago

You ever find yourself rolling up a new character for an RPG one day, then deep diving into romance era music and literature to craft a more authentic foundation for their persona the next? That’s what I’m gonna be up to.

• BonesOfTheMoon@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 days ago

Going to a play with my cousints I haven’t seen in 12 years or so because of estrangement from my parents. I am a bit nervous and also hoping that seeing them doesn’t make my evil mother show up in my life. A few times after we estranged she showed up at my workplace. She doesn’t know where I work now but if she found out I’d have to call security because she’s psychotic.

But I am looking forward to seeing them.

• GCanuck@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 days ago

No Mans Sky expedition.

Need to finish it and all my other half finished games by the 12th.

Ok, not all the half finished games. That would take too long.