• cubedsteaks@lemmy.today
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

For me it’s because I have had to suffer from UTI’s before and I don’t want to risk some stream of water blowing bacteria into my vagina and then I gotta pee every five seconds and wait for a damn doctor visit because for some fucking reason UTI meds aren’t over the counter where I live.

I can buy the UTI “pain reliever” over the counter but it just temporarily fixes the pain, and the UTI of course continues. Pretty fucking pointless.

• sheogorath@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Weird, in my current country bidet is in widespread usage and I haven’t known anyone getting a UTI from bidet usage.

• EssentialCoffee@midwest.social
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

Well, for starters, you don’t pee from your vagina. You could get a yeast infection, yes, but that’s a different issue.

That said, if your bidet is angled so it’s hitting your vagina or, especially, your urethra, it’s likely not installed correctly or you’re sitting way far back on your toilet.*

• There are bidets you can get with the option to angle for washing period blood away, but they tell you in the instructions to wash your butt first so that you don’t get bacteria into your vagina, and you also don’t need to use that function either. I never found it super useful myself, so I’d recommend the cheaper version without that function these days.
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        10 months ago

Well, for starters, you don’t pee from your vagina.

why are you explaining that to me, a woman with a vagina.

I’m aware of that.

• siigna@lemmy.sdf.org
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          10 months ago

stream of water blowing bacteria into my vagina

Because that doesn’t cause issues with your urinary tract.

• A man with a longer urinary tract
    • Sludgeyy@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

You could just find one with low pressure. You don’t need a high power jet.

Simply soaking your crack with water and wiping is a big help.

I’ve never heard of your problem, though, so it’s an interesting point. I know some bidets even have intended settings to wash your front as a woman.

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Yeah its just easier for me to get UTI’s so I have to be extra careful. I had a summer where I had 3 UTI’s back to back and it was a nightmare.

Most women get them from sex and there’s a lot of misinformation out there about women’s health.