Four years after a racist encounter with a so-called “Karen,” Christian Cooper has earned the ultimate payback: a Daytime Emmy Award for his passionate love of birdwatching. The racially charged incident, which took place in 2020, not only spotlighted systemic racial issues but also paved the way for Cooper’s extraordinary success.

• Professorozone@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    5 days ago

Actually I feel a little like you. My problem was that we don’t see what happened before the video. I’M NOT SAYING THIS HAPPENED. I’m merely suggesting a hypothetical.

What if, before the video, the guy said something like, “Hey bitch get your fucking dog on a leash or else I’m going to poison it, then follow you home and bash your head in with a hammer. Here doggy, doggy. Want a treat?”

I don’t know about you but I would definitely understand, in that case, why she would be pretty upset. Again, not saying that happened, only that we really don’t know what happened before the video rolled and therefore maybe shouldn’t jump to conclusions about guilt.