Dont get me wrong, i use adblock. But i entered one without it enabled to test, and it was filled with malware ads that i closed the site immediatly. Why do trackers owners use malware ads, and not regular/gambling website ads? it would get more people to the site (= more money) and people without adblock would be more likely to return.

• to55
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

deleted by creator

• The_Mixer_Dude@lemmus.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

Websites need to generate revenue. If you run a torrent site you are probably well aware that those who visit your site are craftier than your average web user. If people are using ad blockers then you aren’t able to generate revenue to pay for hosting and your own time maintaining things. Your option then is to try your best to make the ads on your site even craftier to try and bypass adblockers so you can monetize. Your other option is to let all the ads get blocked, get no revenue, make the website become solely your financial burden… Or you know. Your users disable the adblockers when on your site and the ads won’t have to be so aggressive and your site can monetize.

• zahel@cosmere.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

They don’t. Only shitty trackers. Every tracker I use has zero ads. A thing called private trackers exist. Every good torrent site has zero ads.

If you can’t get in a private tracker and don’t want ads, usenet is better than public trackers anyways.

Private trackers >/= usenet > public trackers

• ddh@lemmy.sdf.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

And if you do want to use public trackers, you don’t need to browse their site. Instead you can use their API ad-free with software like Jackett or Prowlarr.

• The_Mixer_Dude@lemmus.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

You don’t need to speak in absolutes dude. There are definitely good public trackers out there that use ads. No reason to get all angry about it.