the entire staff of Annapurna Interactive, the gaming division of Megan Ellison’s Annapurna, has resigned after failing to convince Ellison to let them spin off its games division into a new company. IGN is corroborating the report.

“All 25 members of the Annapurna Interactive team collectively resigned,’’ former president Nathan Gary and staffers told Bloomberg. “This was one of the hardest decisions we have ever had to make and we did not take this action lightly.”

• Numberone@startrek.website
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      5 days ago

What do you like about it? It’s one I’ve almost bought multiple times.

Edit. Well you’ve convinced me. I never looked into it and I assumed that it was some sort of open world game, not that it was story and puzzle driven. I’ll definitely be checking this out. Thanks for the recommendation wonderful internet people.

• pastalicious [he/him, undecided]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 days ago

It’s a game where you get dropped into a little toy solar system where each planet and celestial body has its own secrets and rules that govern how you interact with it. You progress by learning these things and piecing together a story that kind of makes you feel how small and powerless but still beautiful our time here is.

• Cowbee [he/him]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 days ago

It’s magical.

There’s one grand puzzle for you to solve, and you solve it by solving lots of tiny puzzles. The “oh shit” moments always happen at grander and grander scales.

Plus, I cried at the ending.