• 4oreman@lemy.lol
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    3 days ago

I’d love to see this kind of concern for the civilians of other countries.

• Krauerking@lemy.lol
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 days ago

People do have concern for other countries. You are just mistaking your apathy for everyone else as something other people share.

Just because you don’t give a shit doesn’t mean everyone else has to be an asshole that doesn’t care too.

• Krauerking@lemy.lol
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          2 days ago

Oh my goodness what a “gotcha!” Question! How on earth could I possibly have an answer for it! And oh no! The answer might show that I have nuance that extends past a singular answer making you a default Victor because life is complicated and you are able to pretend it’s not! Whatever will I do?!
          swoon

All of the ones with people in them.
          Because I give a shit about people.
          But you know, I give priority consideration to the ones that legitimately need help because on a tiered hierarchy those need more care for the time which will change as situations change. And then of course at the top of the hierarchy is my own country as it directly influences my life and my ability to do or offer help to others.

You know, Similar to how one might structure their friends and family consideration, if they cared about them at all too. But I’m sure these must all seem like truly complex and impossible thoughts.

But hey maybe people just actually care about things in a way that you don’t and you need to stop thinking everyone has your brain and is faking it to get something out of it like a psychopath or a narcissist.

• Anas@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 days ago

Talking about the civilians of one country is better than what you’re doing: talking about none.

• Anas@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          2 days ago

Setting yourself the goal of solving every problem in the world at the same time is unrealistic.

I have a feeling that’s not your goal here, though.