• Cryophilia@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I love it, but I have delayed sleep phase disorder. I’m a natural night owl. I feel the most awake at like 1 am. I love the fact that it’s cooler, darker, and quieter, and I feel like the most interesting people come out at night.

But I mostly work days, because that’s how to get promoted, sadly.

• arcrust@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

I don’t know if I have the same disorder, but I definitely feel this. It’s so much nicer at night. A lot of people fuck up their sleep schedule on the weekends. I keep the weekends the same as my work week and have no problems being sleepy.

But I’m considering applying for a new position at my organization which will mean I have to shift back to days. I’m not sure if the promotion is worth the headache of early mornings and the commute.

• Cryophilia@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

The key is, if you take like 2 weeks off work, and sleep/wake whenever you want, what times do you tend towards?

• arcrust@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

Nights absolutely. With 2 weeks off, I easily stay up till 5 in the morning without even realizing it’s that late. I’ve always found it hard to sleep at 10pm like other people, and I won’t start get tired until 3am.

Unfortunately the shift I’m on right now is 12 hour shifts, which means I’m up till 8-10am. Which is a little later than I like, but I still feel better than waking up at 6am. Working 6am-6pm is way rougher on me than 6pm-6am