• Zuzak [fae/faer, she/her]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

Why dont you show me an example of someone on hexbear critizing russia or ccp?

Literally one example.

Thank you for confirming that you asked this in bad faith.

• GarbageShoot [he/him]@hexbear.net
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              10 months ago

I don’t think I called you racist to start with, but my point was that just because something is called by X name in one context by one group of people and Y in another context by another group does not mean both names are equally valid. When it comes to political entities, typically the belief is that the group itself decides on its own name (like Kiev officially becoming Kyiv in English, to take a recent example). The CPC says that its name is the CPC. Western journos who want their readership to hate the Party call it the CCP. These are not equally valid bases for what to call something.

• TheLepidopterists [he/him]@hexbear.net
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              10 months ago

You’re arguing that it’s okay to call a group a term used almost exclusively by their political enemies who want them completely destroyed, I think it’s pretty obvious that you’re a racist.

• Sprinklebump@lemm.ee
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                10 months ago

Ok. I wasnt argue to use it. I was just going off of what wikipedia said. Lol

I can change the term. Cpc it is

• SootyChimney [any]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

We’re mainly waiting for you to say “Yes, I was wrong, Hexbear doesn’t shill for Russia/China/DPRK and call them communist utopias, and I guess tankies is kind of a meaningless term.”. I think that was the point.

• Sprinklebump@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

I mean as I stated in other comments i went to hexbear a few months ago and saw a bunch of people doing this very thing. So if you want yo say that experiance was a fluke ok. But stop trying to paint me as a liar.

Also tankie has real meaning to anarchist. So I dont feel it is meaningless.