On the flip side I appreciate all the free expensive alcohol I get.

• Infamousblt [any]@hexbear.netOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    2 days ago

Honestly I managed to convince some suits that an ethical and compliance issue was important enough to get them to shove resources into it so that was cool. It’s good when your technology is following the law instead of pretending like a consumer protection law doesn’t matter to you. I managed to convince them hard enough that they were thanking me for keeping the company ahead of possible legal issues. So that’s kinda cool.

How’s your computer touching life going

• comrade_pibb [comrade/them]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 days ago

Hell yeah, those are the small day to day wins i love

My thing is always accessibility, I do user facing client development and I’m a constant pain in the ass when design gives us some unreasonably inaccessible stuff

• Sleepless One@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 days ago

My thing is always accessibility, I do user facing client development and I’m a constant pain in the ass when design gives us some unreasonably inaccessible stuff

This brings back memories of an abomination of a design I had to implement that had 3 scrollable regions whose edges were really close to eachother. None of the regions had scroll bars either. Fortunately, the project got cancelled before it could see the light of day.