• MachineFab812
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 day ago

There are not enough such people getting their news from The Daily Show to matter, no way, no how, and whether I would personally engage with them on an individual level was not what I was getting at; I was referring to engagement and mitigation on a societal level, ie dumbing-down The Daily Show or turning it into a more serious show, neither of which would work anyways - the idiots would find other shows to reinforce their delusions. Pretending there are enough people to make that reasonable is an absurdly stupid proposition. Are you convinced most of the MAGA crowd get’s all their news from The Daily Show or something?

• MachineFab812
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 days ago

Fun thing about fact-checking YOUR JOKES at the guests’ expense, is that they can say whatever bullshit they want, and the audience knows the guest isn’t in on, doesn’t get the joke. Are you trying to present yourself as clueless enough to garner a guest spot?

• Flying Squid@lemmy.worldOP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 days ago

I’m not sure why telling quoting about what the staff remembers has any bearing on what the viewers believe.

Wasn’t this about the viewers and whether or not they give the Daily Show credibility as a news source?

• MachineFab812
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            1 day ago

No, it was about whether they should do so and whether those idiots that do such exist in sufficient numbers to be a hindrance to society. The only evidence I’ve seen of those idiots numbers existing in even the low single digits are right here in this thread.

Also, Flanz inclued themselves in that reference. Are you really so bad at reading comprehension?

link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 day ago

whether those idiots that do exist in sufficient numbers to be a hindrance to society

And I showed you that, based on the Daily Show producers who get metrics, that they do.

The only evidence I’ve seen of those idiots numbers existing in even the low single digits are right here in this thread.

You should know better than to rely on your own personal anecdotal evidence in a skeptic community.

• MachineFab812
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                edit-2
                1 day ago

You showed no such thing. No such thing was remotely claimed in that interview.

Meanwhile, you’re asking me to prove a negative, while offering no evidence to support your own position besides the fact that yourself and apparently one other commenter here regard The Daily Show as a credible news source, or expect me to believe such. I’m not buying it, and I’m done engaging with your non-sense.

I’m not the one spouting bunk conspiracy theories about how the wrong guest on The Daily Show will hinder society or discredit more decent guests. Calling those slightly more respectable people out on their bullshit is the point of inviting them on the show alongside the overt crackpots in the first place.

link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  edit-2
                  1 day ago

besides the fact that yourself and apparently one other commenter here regard The Daily Show as a credible news source.

And now you’re lying. My whole argument is that it isn’t credible, but some people think it is.

We’re done here.