• d-RLY?@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 days ago

I was seeing that brought up in many of the other comments, and I had apparently installed it at some point. So I have finally signed into it and even added some info one some road types around me! Even if I don’t find a replacement for the community reporting of cops and hazards like Waze. I am jazzed to be helping OSM get just a bit closer to being a great option to recommend to friends and normies! Lots of them will only try other options as long as it is close enough to what they already use.

• spipau@feddit.org
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 days ago

Wonderful to read and welcome to the team of contributors! I like to use StreetComplete when I am somewhere waiting for something and have some minutes to spare. In some regions the maps is already god enough for everyone, biggest challenge is still the quality of search results. One reason why Gmaps is so good is its search capabilities. Reporting like in Waze comes with constant running costs. OSM would need to have an income stream for these kind of features. I’d be willing to pay for it, although I don’t own a car as I live in a big European city.