• jimmydoreisalefty@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 hours ago

I am for the working class, not the owner-class and their lackeys that help divide us with culture wars and identity politics.

It is interesting, but I still see it as jargon and a distraction for the issues that will unite the working class.

Intersectionality is a sociological analytical framework for understanding how groups’ and individuals’ social and political identities result in unique combinations of discrimination and privilege. Examples of these factors include gender, caste, sex, race, ethnicity, class, sexuality, religion, disability, height, age, and weight.

• SmilingSolaris@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 hours ago

If you can’t get how that multitudes of oppression also intersects with capitalism then there is no saving you. You are willing to sacrifice crumbs/queer folk in the immediate term for literally no reason and no justification. You just personally don’t give enough of a shit about those issues to consider them to be something in the moment worth caring about. Who cares about queer rights in the now when we should be caring about working class! You say as of queer folk and their oppression isn’t homousian with the plight of the working class.

You just don’t care. It’s that simple and you’ve made that clear. You actively give 0 shits. Just crumbs to you.

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        9 hours ago

I disagree with your framing and talking points.

You seem to be going back to the circle jerk of the duopoly, smearing and lying to push your moral high horse and victimhood.

I am not for sacrificing scapegoats and the like; I am for the struggles of the working class; we do that by building up grass roots movements and uniting, not by diving ourselves.

• SmilingSolaris@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          8 hours ago

“I disagree with the framing” is a fun cop out for ignoring the consequences of your inaction. Just pretend it’s the frame that you don’t like. Dance around your crumb comment and stand on nothing.

You are for sacrificing scapegoats. You called them crumbs my comrade. You made it very very clear you do not care about the immediate social consequences of folks targeted by fascists. That’s your “framing” and I’m telling you that it lacks empathy and completely betrays the ideals you think you are advocating for.

You are effectively telling targeted minorities to suck it up and suffer the next 4 years hoping that they are still alive to do it again the next 4. That’s your frame. Your frame sucks. Fuck your frame.

link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            7 hours ago

I disagree again with your framing and smearing.

I don’t think we will agree on this; our experiences and world views differ when it comes to culture wars and identity politics.

I say to continue building the working class grass roots movement so as to destroy the status quo and push for a better society for Americans and the working class of the world.

Thanks for the chat, and I hope we may unite on other topics!