What should I do now? That gnoll is blocking the way out.

• Riversedgeknight1@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 days ago

Use your range to take him out. Even when he’s enraged, he won’t go on the traps, so stay where you are and use your wands/throwables. You will end up taking damage from 2 traps, but it’s no big deal, you got the hp for it.

• ace_garp@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 days ago

The gnoll is not facing you.

If no exclamation mark (yellow-red) was shown, you may be able to tap the clock and wait for them to head back out.

You could fly to lower-left corner to be out of sight until they leave.

• HopesBeyondTheSky@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      5 days ago

Uhmm… Not. That gnoll is waiting for me. Pay attention to the text “You return to floor 12 of the dungeon”.

I used an Aqua Brew to fill the traps with water, destroy them, then fought the gnoll. (I created these Aqua Brews as a way to deal with fiery enemies, like Fire Elementals).

• Baŝto
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        15 hours ago

Aqua Brews

You can use them to rig the floors (for ascension). You have a lightning wand, which gets stronger on water.

• ace_garp@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 days ago

OK, hard to tell because it is not a stair room, and you are above a trap.

All my runs consist of ignoring 99% of the bottom messages.

Thanks for the tip about Aqua Brews, will try making my first one.

• Baŝto
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          14 hours ago

If I remember correcty and that “bug” is still there, then you can that against the sentry. The sentry doesn’t target you because you are too close to it. It targets you because you are above the tiles. Water does replace them.

The vents in the toxic gas room probably also can be replaced with water, but I’m not sure.

But the main benefit of aqua brews is equipment that interacts with water like ice and lightning effects or armor that lets you walk faster on water or the goo-potion that only heals you on water.

Though I wasn’t aware that it can actually damage fire enemies. First thought this is only about countering burning debuff.