Why when I click signup or login, button spins forever, no network activity on click. Tried on multiple instances, no luck. Am I the only one? I’m using Firefox @lemmy

• wiki_me@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I actually opened a issue about this, but don’t comment if you don’t have have something meaningful to contribute (Don’t waste the developers time which is already in short supply) , you can do a “thumb up” to signal the importance of the issue.

But only login to the server you registered to .

• @mastodon.socialOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

@wiki_me your issue was closed. I’m having an issue with the sign-up page, I can’t even make an account at all, not issue of logging into the wrong instance

• nutomic@lemmy.mlM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

The server is overloaded now so its not working well. This will need some optimization.

• Dessalines@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Probably stability issues, we’ve been getting hugged to death these last few days for sure.

• peeonyou@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

this is Lemmy… this particular server gets overwhelmed from time to time but this is far better than it used to be

• autisticaudioguy@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I had this experience with both Firefox and chrome on desktop. When I switched to mobile it worked. I use vandium browser on graphenos though, so I don’t know how well it will work with other phones, but its probably worth a shot if your still having problems.

• blackbrook@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I had this experience when trying to log in after I first signed up on Firefox. After waiting a few minutes I tried again and it worked. Or maybe it was refreshing that worked, I forget which, but it did work for me eventually on Firefox.