SS7 is vulnerable to attack. However, the types off attacks on the video don’t affect Signal as it requires a pin. (Make sure you set your pin to something strong and secure)

• tetris11@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 days ago

Because when I told the taxi driver that I was “a bit peckish”, rather than take me to a nice greasy spoon where I can swallow a nice meal in 5 minutes, pay $5 and leave… he took me to the Ritz where I had to wait for a waiter to talk my ear off about the pastrami whilst being presented a wine menu.

I ain’t got time for that, I just wanted to satiate my hunger!

• Corgana@startrek.website
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 days ago

We seem to agree that actually eating real food at a greasy spoon is preferable to reading a description of the dining experience offered at the Ritz. But your replies give me the impression we disagree?

• tetris11@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 days ago

Im likely mixing metaphors, but the general gist is that reading an article is like eating a good cheap meal, whilst seeing a whole youtube video is like being treated to tiny portions at a fancy restaurant

• Corgana@startrek.website
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 days ago

I see, I wasn’t comparing an article to a video, I was comparing a video to a text summary of the same video.