• Ilandar@aussie.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 minutes ago

I thought that Cyrcle phone sounded interesting but it appears to have never actually released. They also just used the normal Android UI so all kinds of stuff gets cut off in the corners of the display. So dumb.

• kirk781OP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 hours ago

Not all phones listed are equally bad though. Nokia Pureview suffered from bad camera quality but I can live with that. What probably is unlivable is exceptionally short battery life, like on the HTC one. Still, an interesting opinion piece, if nothing else.

• ladfrombrad 🇬🇧@lemdro.idM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 hours ago

I had both HTC One’s and while the camera on both of them especially the m7 was dire purple durple shite, the battery life was never an issue for me and was when I first started seeing 6hr+ SOT constantly.

• kirk781OP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          23 minutes ago

Yes, I was referring to HTC Thunderbolt from the article. My current phone itself has relatively low battery life and it annoys me. One would have needed to charge the Thunderbolt phone probably twice a day

• breadsmasher@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 hours ago

This is really poor of the Nokia as well, though

It also didn’t help that the phone’s in-display fingerprint sensor was bad. In fact, it was reported that the scanner could be spoofed with chewing gum.