Sale ends soon!

• veee@lemmy.caOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 days ago

As someone who’s been away from the game for a long time, is this worth the sale? Alternatively, how does it compare to Master Duel or Duel Links?

• l3e7hax0r@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 hours ago

Depends on what you’re looking for exactly. Great for casual play. This was released before modern changes that introduced some rule changes and the “new” Link summoning mechanic. There’s a rereleased version with Links called “Legacy of the Duelist : Link Evolution”, which includes a lot of the content here and it’s only $10, so I’d say it’s not worth it, and just get Link Evolution instead.

Compared to Master Duel, it’s a bit outdated as MD is still running and is constantly updated. So there’s no new cards since release, same with Link Evolution.

Compared to Duel Links, DL is based on the same fundamentals as regular YuGiOh but with some major changes like skills, 3 main monster and spell and trap zones, along with different deck sizes. Not exactly comparable imo, but again depends on what you’re looking for.

• veee@lemmy.caOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 hours ago

I see that there isn’t as much single player content to go by with Master Duel. That may end up being the bigger deciding factor for me.

Thanks for the breakdown!