• Madison420@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    3 hours ago

Again isolationists isolate themselves, meaning they don’t meddle… Like insisting their opinion on a matter they have no legitimate interest in. You’re involving yourself right now dumb dumb, if you don’t want to be involved… Don’t involve yourself.

That’s not an argument, that’s deflection.

• OBJECTION!@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 hours ago

That’s a completely ridiculous take. That’s not isolationism, that’s political disengagement. How do you even manage to say something so wrong?

Isolationists do not disengage from matters of foreign intervention, we actively oppose it. That’s what isolationism means, and you obviously know that.

If you actually had any confidence in your position whatsoever, you would have no problem saying that my position is isolationist and that isolationism is wrong. But instead, you’re trying to use wordplay to shift definitions in an attempt to delegitimize my position, by adopting the completely insane stance that wanting non-intervention in a conflict is somehow inconsistent with isolationism.

This is very blatant bad faith.

• Madison420@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 hours ago

a person favoring a policy of remaining apart from the affairs or interests of other groups, especially the political affairs of other countries.

Is the literal definition bud.

That’s not a logical assumption dude, your lack of understanding of anything has nothing to do with the veracity of my position. Again, you’re deflecting.

• OBJECTION!@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          2 hours ago

a policy of remaining apart from the affairs or interests of other groups, especially the political affairs of other countries.

That’s literally what I’m arguing for. How could you possibly construe that definition as supporting your position as opposed to mine?

• Madison420@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            1 hour ago

So you’re saying you are Ukrainian? If you aren’t then you’re not an isolationists, you’re an naive idealist who seems to think surrendering to a country who is literally beheading and sledgehammering surrendering troops.

You’ll have a Russian with more resources, more people and more territory. The last two times the world let that happen we lost over 15 million people… Each time.

• OBJECTION!@lemmy.ml
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 hour ago

So you’re saying you are Ukrainian?

No, I am not Ukrainian. I oppose my country’s involvement in the conflict. That is an isolationist position, by your definition.

Walk me through the chain of logic that leads you to say that I would have to be Ukrainian for my opposition to involvement in foreign conflicts to be isolationist. I know that you can’t do this, because you were just spouting off random bullshit when you asked that, but pretending that there’s some bizarre chain of reasoning behind it, what is it?

And when you can’t provide it, as you’ve been evading doing this whole time, I will be proven right that you’re just another liar.