• TheLepidopterists [he/him]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    18 hours ago

There are nonreligious homophobes and misogynists and racists and trans phones. There are religious people who aren’t bigots at all.

Clearly the religion is an excuse for the bigotry and not the ultimate source of it, or neither of those would be true.

Saying that Judaism inherently inclines one to the kinds of genocidal crimes Israel is committing makes you a fucking antisemite and is clearly disproven by the number of religious Jews who have been vocally opposed to the genocide and to Zionism generally.

You don’t get to “I’m oppressed too” your way out of being called out for bigotry.

• TheLepidopterists [he/him]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        18 hours ago

Some jackass once said:

Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies.

Let’s see if he was right, you said:

You seem to think my view is that “all religious people have the same beliefs”. It’s not.

But no, here’s what I think your view is:

Are you saying that Judaism is an inherently genocidal religion/culture?

Your response?

Not any more than other religions, but yes, it’s in the book preached as the word of God and prophets. Israel is what happens when you put bronze age values in practice

Let me cut out all the weasel words for you

Yes

Yes, you think that Judaism is inherently genocidal.

Fuck you, you antisemitic trash.