57k active users on Lemmy, Casual Conversation seems a pretty common topic, and still there aren’t that many people around here.

I posted on !newcommunities@lemmy.world , we are probably the most populous community with this name.

Maybe it’s because LemmyWorld communities do not appear on Lemmyverse.net any more?

What do you think could be the issue?

• aelwero@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

I’m confused by your comment… threads left to users tend to die, but successful ones are successful because they’re left to users?

That’s how I’m reading it…

Are you just saying it’s random?

I’d highly prefer a community that’s successful and active because it just happened to sprout up on its own than have an active community that was nurtured and encouraged by modsto become that way. Which is to say I think I agree with you :)

• BlazeOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      10 months ago

threads left to users tend to die, but successful ones are successful because they’re left to users?

I said communities, not threads :)

Communities that no ones take care of (active posting, promotion, etc.) tend to die.

Threads created by users are a sign of growth.

I hope it’s more clear :)

• BlazeOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

it just happened to sprout up on its own

That’s very uncommon on Lemmy due to the hard discovery of content. If people don’t know a community exists, it’s hard for them to randomly stumble upon it