• Cryophilia@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    22 hours ago

Bullshit. That’s one tiny aspect of it - men unable to support other men. The vast majority of the problem of men seeing themselves as disgusting is feminsm. “All men are potential rapists” is a disgusting and extremely prevalent ideology. All men are trash, all men are pigs, you see women say these things all the time and it’s just accepted.

• SSJMarx@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      21 hours ago

“All men are potential rapists” is a disgusting and extremely prevalent ideology

This is not a prevalent ideology. I’m sure some edgy teens on tumblr have expressed this opinion, but what you think is feminism is actually a phantom you have constructed in your mind.

• Cryophilia@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        20 hours ago

I’m sure that even if I found literally a thousand examples you’d continue to claim “well that’s not REAL feminism”.

• SSJMarx@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          18 hours ago

And I’m sure that if you actually engaged with feminism in good faith instead of blindly dismissing it off of out of context clips from “feminist OWNED” compilations, you would revise your opinion on it.

• Cryophilia@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            2 hours ago

Cute, you’ve got this idea in your head of who I am. Could I possibly be a reasonable person with a valid point? No. I must be an Andrew Tate - huffing knuckle-dragging woman-beating mongoloid. That’s the only type of person who could ever possibly have an issue with feminism.

• ✺roguetrick✺@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              2 hours ago

The hilarity of you taking issue with others ascribing positions to you based on a cursory interaction when that’s all you’ve done in this entire thread for both posters and feminism as a whole is quite rich.

• ✺roguetrick✺@lemmy.world
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  55 minutes ago

Are you implying that you’ve meaningfully examined feminist theory vs cursorily argued about it on the Internet? Considering your primary problem seems to be the basic concept of what patriarchy is I kind of doubt it.

• Cryophilia@lemmy.world
                    link
                    fedilink
                    arrow-up
                    ·
                    33 minutes ago

Yes, I’ve read feminist theory, but it’s only tangentially relevant to reality. What matters is what the great bulk of non-academic feminists say and do.