I just crossposted something using Thunder and another user let me know that my crosspost did not show that the other post was the original.

See here: https://lemmy.ca/comment/11901004

Not sure how that can happen but seems like a bug in Thunder then?

• SatyrSack@feddit.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    31 minutes ago

I have noticed that posts leading to the same URL all have that little “Cross-posted to:” indicator. Whether the post had actually been crossposted to the indicated community or if it had instead been crossposted from that community. Even if the post was not crossposted at all at any point, it will still read “Cross-posted to:” and list every other post with that URL.

• Blaze@feddit.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 hours ago

Had a quick look because I was confused.

All posts show as “crossposted to:” in the small space between the Fediverse, star etc icons and the post

What did not happen in your case is having “crossposted from” in the body of the text. Probably a client issue indeed (or maybe a decision, as IIRC Thunder aggregates comments from all crossposts together? Or maybe it’s another client?)

• CrayonRosary@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      54 minutes ago

The body of posts is submitted by the user. I’ve personally never noticed “crossposted from” in the body of a post. Whereas the crossposted metadata is stored separately on the server.