• RandomVideos@programming.dev
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 hours ago

In the minecraft live “livestream”, the creaking was shown to only do half a heart with iron armor

The biome is safer than other biomes because the new mob makes other mobs spawn less

• JohnyRocket
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 hours ago

Don’t endermen also stop moving when you look at them? They only atop though, if you have your crosshairs pointed directly at them. It would be interesting to see if this is the same or if it can be any part of your FOV. In that case my use of Quake Pro will come in extra handy.

• SmoochyPit@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    15 hours ago

Colored bundles are a huge W!

I’m a bit bummed that they don’t use rabbit hides in the recipe anymore… it makes it more accessible, but they’re an almost useless item. And Minecraft has a lot of those.

• JackbyDev@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 hours ago

Better to have a useless item than have to require some weird hyper specific item to get something useful.

• JusticeForPorygon@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      13 hours ago

If Rabbits were more common I wouldn’t have an issue with it but it feels like I never really see them.

I think Rabbit hide should just be made an alternative to leather rather than being used to craft leather. It wouldn’t be as realistic, but it would be a huge QoL change imo.

• Halasham@dormi.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      12 hours ago

Honestly? I’m probably going to have at-least one bundle on me all the time once this comes out and I start playing again. I think they’re going to be pretty useful… and I never end up playing a world long enough to have an Enderchest full of Shulkers.

• MrNesser@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    15 hours ago

I don’t see the point of bundles over shoulder boxes. I’d rather mojang made some real moves on inventory management rather than rehashing an idea in a worse way.

The biome does look good although the mob seems kinda meh

• RandomVideos@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 hours ago

Bundles are amazing

To use shulker boxes, you need to place them down and in many cases they dont even hold as many items

A lot of multiplayer servers also dont allow you to go to the end

I have been using them thanks to a datapack that adds them to structure chests and i am happy that they were made easier to obtain(even though i think now they are too easy to craft)

• WaterSword
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 hours ago

What people don’t realise is that (at least on bedrock, which is the biggest market for minecraft) only about 20% of people have acually ever beaten the enderdragon and explored and used the end. So bundles are incredible for these people who just play in the early game

• JackbyDev@programming.dev
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 hours ago

I genuinely have no interest in killing the dragon. There’s too many boring steps. When I play I’m usually playing modded though.

• SmoochyPit@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      15 hours ago

They’re great for early game— I’ve used them through the experimental feature to hold mob drops and other small-count loot. And I like being able to access them right from the inventory, though it is a bit tricky to get the preferred item out.

That’s all my praise. Shulker boxes hold lots more total and are way better post-dragon. And they could add the inventory access mechanic to shulker boxes.

• Willie@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    16 hours ago

Oh, that’s great. Last I had heard, Mojang thought console players were too dumb for bundles or something like that, so it’s good to hear that they’re finally adding them to the game.

• SmoochyPit@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      15 hours ago

Idk where you heard that— I know there was difficulty implementing them with certain control schemes, so I think that’s where the delay came from.