• ameancow@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    19 hours ago

“This applies to both sides” How very brave of you to call out the people who drive around with Harris trucks to Harris parties decked out in their Harris jackets and hats, trading AI generated pictures of sexy Harris.

You know, those things that are real and really happen.

Look dingbat, calling Trump and his ilk “weird” is not idolizing their opponents, it’s simply calling a spade a spade. If you’re too cowardly to stand up for what you believe in, don’t think trying to slip in a picture of a kitchen magnet is going to make it any better.

• PresidentCamacho@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      2 hours ago

You could take this from the point of view that if people feel they are being attacked on their views they become defensive which makes a change in beliefs impossible.

Do you just want to smear shit on these people, or do you want to affect change?

The world has chosen smear shit.

• UnderpantsWeevil@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 hours ago

How very brave of you to call out the people who drive around with Harris trucks to Harris parties decked out in their Harris jackets and hats, trading AI generated pictures of sexy Harris.

KHive really did this shit back in 2020, though.

Also, consider the case of Eric Adams, a man who was constantly self-promoting and a serial liar and grifter, who is now indicted on a litany of charges all stemming from his Style-Over-Substance administrative practice.

calling Trump and his ilk “weird” is not idolizing their opponents, it’s simply calling a spade a spade

Kamala is also a Weird Politician. She talks weird. She believes weird things. She supports weird policies in order to appease a conflicting morass of regional interests. She’s awkward and insincere and frighteningly nationalistic. Because that’s what running for high office requires.

Practically everyone running for high office is. You have to be weird to think you should be President. It’s a weird thing to think. Delusional and megalomaniacal, given the powers of the office and the history of its occupants.

If you’re too cowardly to stand up for what you believe in

If people say what they sincerely believe, they risk saying things that are unpopular. You can’t run in a district of tens of millions of people (as a California AG or Ohio Senator must) and sound remotely unpopular. Your opposition will eat you alive.

So you end up with this phony caricature of a personality, making blith naive statements that only sound good superficially.

You come across as fake and weird because authentic and normal people won’t be popular enough to win an election.

• ameancow@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 hour ago

I’m not sure if this is a “both sides” spiel or a “I hate politics because I’m really pretty conservative but know my actual positions are too unpopular to actually advocate in liberal America” take.

• Dkarma@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      18 hours ago

I buy all my Harris nfts with my Soros bucks they put on my vaxxine microchip every month.

So easy to pay bills.