• lengau@midwest.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      3 hours ago

Honestly I’m more worried about those who claim to be communists but do things that both go against the tenets of communism and make other communists look bad. Tankies are a subset of that.

• Cowbee [he/him]@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        3 hours ago

Elaborate, what is this “tankie” and what do they do that “goes against the tenets of Communism.”

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            1 hour ago

I think you’re yet another “left” anticommunist that hasn’t read a word of theory, yet thinks reading wikipedia makes them an authority on Marxism. Hope I’m wrong!

link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                19 minutes ago

I was. I asked you to elaborate, then you deflected and asked what I thought you meant. I answered honestly, it wasn’t an accusation, it was what you literally asked for. Please respond in good faith.

• lengau@midwest.social
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  11 minutes ago

You accused me, with no basis, of being anti-communist rather than answering what you think I mean.

I asked what you think I meant because I wanted to know whether you have a different view of this than I do or were simply uninformed. But between your accusations, your deflection, and your condescending responses to me, it’s becoming pretty clear to me that you’re not willing to discuss this in good faith. But maybe you can prove me wrong.

Let’s start out with an easy one. What do you think I meant by “tankies”?

link
                    fedilink
                    arrow-up
                    ·
                    9 minutes ago

You accused me, with no basis, of being anti-communist rather than answering what you think I mean.

You being anticommunist is what I thought you meant. Those aren’t unrelated.

I asked what you think I meant because I wanted to know whether you have a different view of this than I do or were simply uninformed. But between your accusations, your deflection, and your condescending responses to me, it’s becoming pretty clear to me that you’re not willing to discuss this in good faith. But maybe you can prove me wrong.

I have been acting in good-faith, you have been beating around the bush this entire time.

Let’s start out with an easy one. What do you think I meant by “tankies”?

Communists, Marxists, Marxist-Leninists, etc. Anyone that actually defends AES and doesn’t repeat US State Department Propaganda about the Global South.