• tryptamine@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 day ago

Capitalism has destroyed the middle class and absorbed all of the wealth…

No one has disposable income to upgrade to a phone that has no major feature changes over the one that came out over 5 years ago.

Until workers are seen as assets rather than expenditures, the enshittification of all facets of life under capitalism will continue to get worse.

• manualoverride@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 day ago

Since switching almost everything to USB-C I’m really annoyed with the number of lazy/cheap implementations which means you can only use the one cable provided with the product. I suspect Apple are saving their USB-C excuse for the switch to wireless only charging to maintain water resistance not possible with USB-C. So we all have to go out and buy MagSafe chargers which are suddenly more expensive to manufacture and are not included in the box for environmental reasons.

• hitmyspot@aussie.zone
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 days ago

Who needs one? Does it do anything the 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 or 15 can’t do, that is actually useful?

• manualoverride@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 days ago

I’ve posted this same comment many times… I’m still on the ‘X’ and the most compelling reason I have to upgrade is my case is falling apart, and if I’m going to get a new case anyway…