cross-posted from: https://discuss.tchncs.de/post/22922783

Does anyone know of a mouse that can be used wireless, with a replaceable battery and that can be connected to the PC via USB-C to recharge the battery? Obtainable in Europe.

The reasoning is that I do not want to get into the situation where I do not have a charged replacement battery at hand and am therefore unable to use the mouse.

Currently I am using a mouse without a replaceable battery which got so old that the battery only holds for 1-2 hours without being connected to the cable.

I know I could simply go with a wired mouse, however, I like the cleanliness of minimal cables on my desk. Thanks for suggestions.

• Crashumbc@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    13 hours ago

You’re not going to get both a replaceable battery and a rechargeable mouse with charging cord.

You can get rechargable AA batteries that actually have a port on them. But you need to remove it to charge. Just keep a spare in your laptop bag

• MaxMalRichtig
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      12 hours ago

There actually ARE products out there that have both. E.g. “STREAM DESKTOP RECHARGE” bundle from Cherry can do both.

(Disclaimer: I work for Cherry, so I just happen tp know that product. But I am certain that there are other similar products from other brands as well.)