• snooggums@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 hours ago

In Kansas, every single street that isn’t a highway, and most highways don’t have minimums.

Outside of Kansas I have never personally seen them posted on anything other than highways either.

I have seen general traffic laws about not impeding traffic by going unreasonably slow, but no posted minimums.

• captainlezbian@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 hours ago

In Ohio it’s always 20 less than current max, they just teach you it in drivers ed rather than posting it

• captainlezbian@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          56 minutes ago

I’m sure you’ll be informed if you’re driving unreasonably slow. But as far as I can tell it’s similar to other minor but uncommon state by state traffic violations

• SchmidtGenetics@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      4 hours ago

Maybe brush up on your traffic laws dude

Kansas allows ANY municipality to set specific minimum road limits… look at that!

Again, can you provide a municipality or even a state that doesn’t have a minimum speed law? I’ve even made it easier for you.

• snooggums@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        4 hours ago

Every municipality has a minimum speed limit

I don’t think that you understand how ‘slow speed as to impede’ IS NOT A LIMIT.

link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          3 hours ago

See law A, see law B if they want to specific.

And yes it is a limit, if you’re impeding, you’re below that limit. Some places also have adjustable signs to account for these potential scenarios.

You seem to fall in the category of people that need specific posted limits, since the concept of variable speeds seems to be lost on you. Just because it’s not posted on a sign, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist… shit take dude. Read your legislation, as well as the legislation of any places that you plan to travel too. Because you will be surprised by them amount of mundane shit you’ve missed and could be breaking the law without knowing.

And ignorance is never an excuse dude.

• EldritchFeminity@lemmy.blahaj.zone
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            2 hours ago

Reread your original post. You stated that the minimum speed is posted at the entrance to every municipality. These people are saying that they’ve only ever seen minimum speed signs posted on highways. Maybe that’s what you meant, but your post sounds like it’s posted on local roads all over the place.

link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              edit-2
              1 hour ago

Reread my post, I said most post it there, there is a lot of personal accountability to know the rules of the road of places you travel too.

And your defense is that one exists so another can’t…? Shit take.

• debris_slide@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                1 hour ago

So post a few pictures of minimum speed limit signs at entrances to municipalities. Everyone else is saying they’ve never seen that (outside of highways). Nobody is saying there isn’t a minimum, just that it’s not commonly posted.

link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  edit-2
                  58 minutes ago

No ones brought up the specific signs until now? Everyone has been saying there isn’t a minimum. Read the conversation? Who’s asked for a sign?