There have been at least 50 school shootings in the United States so far this year, as of September 19. Thirteen were on college campuses, and 37 were on K-12 school grounds. The incidents left 24 people dead and at least 66 other victims injured, according to CNN’s analysis of events reported by the Gun Violence Archive, Education Week and Everytown for Gun Safety.

https://www.cnn.com/us/school-shootings-fast-facts-dg/index.html

• SupraMario@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 hours ago

That is a disgusting lie. I said nothing of the sort.

You did. You’re downplaying the fact that the GVA uses junk data to drive an agenda.

I’m literally doing the opposite of that since I asked you what source should be used.

By using the next line of:

Then I asked you if there was more than one.

Which implies that. Who cares as if there is more than one it’s the same problem. Which is not the case at all, if we had thousands of kids being killed constantly in school, that’s a totally different issue than if we had one outlier shooting every year.

I didn’t say anything even remotely like, “who cares if it’s false, as long as there is a bit of truth somewhere.”

You pretty much did. You are equally giving weight to false numbers.

You should be ashamed of yourself with trolling this shitty.

You clearly don’t understand trolling, at this point you should know I’m not a troll.

I should have realized you’d lie about what I said in direct response to the thing I said yet again since this is the third or fourth time you’ve done it.

Sure thing, totally… you’re all about the truth and you really are for legislation that’ll actually fix the problem, not emotionally driven legislation, because even 1 school shooting is the same as 50…

Oh, and now it’s time for you to tell the lie that I want to ban guns. You’ve done that one before.

The end goal is always, a ban from the anti2a crowd. Making something so damn impossible to obtain, is a defacto ban. Just remember that those who put the rules in place, will make sure minorities, LGBTQ+, and women will be the main ones unable to obtain firearms.

• Flying Squid@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      9 hours ago

Stopped reading at your first line, which was another lie. I asked you which source should be used. That’s all I did. I just asked a fucking question. You didn’t even answer it.

This conversation is over. You are just a troll.

• SupraMario@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        8 hours ago

You asked a loaded question, but if you want to use a source, use the FBI data.

And was there more than one school shooting this year? Because that’s one more than almost every other Western country.

This is your own question, which you answered by saying it’s one more than almost every other Western country. So no you weren’t asking a question, you were trying to make a statement.