• SatyrSack@feddit.orgOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 hours ago

Another small detail: because Len is carrying two skateboards in the original episode (the second is offscreen in this particular shot), I added a second bat’leth peeking into frame.

• Thebeardedsinglemalt@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 hours ago

One thing that always threw me off about that whole scene…they’re all posing as Klingons to infiltrate a Klingon celebration. Even with (fan theory head canon) universal translators there’s still be the issue with the mouths not matching the words, because Klingons certainly wouldn’t be speaking English. Worf would be just fine, Sisko probably could have picked up conversational Klingon, and Odo may be smart enough as is…but O’Brien certainly wouldn’t be able to

• SatyrSack@feddit.orgOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 hours ago

I can’t think of any media that addresses all possible “universal translator” type plot holes. It really requires a bit of suspension of disbelief.

• 👍Maximum Derek👍
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      7 hours ago

I’ve thought about this before, especially when the crew is visiting pre-warp / pre-universal translator societies. At least when it’s someone like the Klingons you can really stretch and try to justify it with something like, “maybe there are a lot of different languages lumped under Klingon, so everyone is using translators all the time anyway.”

• milkisklim@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 hours ago

This makes sense. Another theory is O’Brien’s character had a speech impediment related injury gained during whatever action won him his award.