If you live in Texas, make sure to register to vote! The deadline is coming up in a few days on the 7th. Note that for Texas you must register either in person or by mail, you cannot register online unlike most states

Find information on how to register to vote anywhere https://vote.gov/

• BrianTheeBiscuiteer@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 hours ago

Another million might’ve made us blue already. Trump had the smallest GOP margin of victory in Texas in decades! Texas picked Carter, LBJ, and JFK for President! If Harris wins Texas then there’s basically no way Trump can sue his way to victory.

• vaultdweller013@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 hours ago

This would be the required level of over achievement to fuck over the Republicans. It may even be the parties first sign of death, if they lose Texas they will either need to reform or die.

• jballs@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 hours ago

Fuck, I hope so - but I’m not optimistic. When Obama won in 2008 asking with the House and a super majority in the Senate, I thought “finally, the death of the Republican party. Surely they’ll be forced to move to the left to have any chance of winning another election.”

Instead they doubled down, created the TEA Party, and eventually got is to where we are today.